Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Breaks

Driving home from the West Virginia Book Fair and the Mountain Stage concert in W.V., we "swung by" The Breaks, the Grand Canyon of the south, on the KY, VA border. A must-see. Here are a few pics.




Sr. Jan is a wonderful traveling companion, and I was so grateful for her companionship. Sister Jan is hard to fluster, however. The following story is rated PG-13, so young ones should not read this! I'll space down now.



So, Sr. Jan & I were heading south toward the Breaks, and I stopped to refuel and use restroom. In the bathroom, I did a double-take b/c they had a vending machine that sold scented condoms. Thinking I could shock Sr. Jan, and knowing she has a good sense of humor (and was married), I said to her, "Sr. Jan, you're not going to believe this. They actually sell scented condoms. They have chocolate, strawberry, mint, and banana." Well, without missing a beat, she asked, "And which one did you choose?" Ha! Whose face was red then?! No, I didn't buy a condom, so don't even ask.

No comments: