Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Rolling along

Hi -- Thanks for visiting my blog. Finished the first leg of my southwest journey. Tomorrow I enter the Appalachian region. Other than precipitation that ranged from misty to torrential, today's travel went smoothly. No major traffic. No rude drivers. Well, there was one fairly clueless driver with a "John 3:16" bumper sticker, but, hey, maybe s/he was deep in prayer. I-70 west of Baltimore runs through low, tree-covered hills, broken up by a few farms and tracts of mid- to upscale housing developments. The only excitement was a car fire on I-70. No one hurt, but flames shot up a good six feet, with lots of of thick smoke that blew right at golfers trying to putt on a course that abuts the highway. Found the hotel just fine. When I told desk clerk I was headed to Cracker Barrel for dinner, she proposed an alternative, a local place known for good fish. "Just past the Harley dealership." When I asked (with mild concern) if the place would be full of Harley riders, she thought I was looking to hook up! Well, I wasn't, and I didn't, but I did enjoy a terrific stuffed flounder. Check out May's on Rte 355 near Grove. Ask for Amanda who's a great server. She's the one with the spiky hair and multiple ear piercings. We shared an eye roll over the story: Federal court to decide if Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction" was "indecent, or merely a fleeting and accidental glitch" (AP, reprinted, The Frederick News-Post). Clueless or otherwise, keep the faith --

No comments: