Monday, September 10, 2007

Preparations

Hi -- Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm nearly packed and ready to hit the road for the 700 mile trip to Appalachia. My trusty 10-year-old Ford has fresh oil and other assorted liquids, two new tires, and the spit and polish of a car wash. (Actually, more like a spit and promise -- is there no car wash that does a thorough cleaning?) As for myself, I trimmed my shaggy hair this morning with the kitchen scissors , so I'm good to go. Good to go is, of course, just a saying, and though I'm almost packed, with Google maps and an atlas at the ready, I'm more than a little jittery. Another saying: getting there is half the fun. Cameron and I had a good laugh over that one. He said, if true, it means I'll either have an amazingly fun two days of travel or a really boring six weeks. I'll let you know. Oh, and for those who may be feeling a jitter or two, for whatever reason, remember: God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

1 comment:

T said...

Love you and drive safe! T